Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Today is the day to begin your new year with health and nutrition in mind. Maybe this is already one of your resolutions. Maybe you want to loose weight or gain weight. NUTRITION and EXERCISE are the TOP PRIORITY.
My name is Beverly Hill-Tarlton and I almost died 12 years ago. Mother of 5 this was just not an option. I remeber my husband driving me to the emergeny room and after about 2 hours they sent us home. A few hours later as I am growing weaker I ask to return to the hospital and again we are sent home, even later that evening I was crying to my husband that I needed help. He drive me back to hospital only now I am to weak to walk so I crawl on my hands and knees into the waiting room while my husband is parking the car (again).
The medical team puts me into a wheelchair and I tell them I am not go back home if I have to stay in the waiting room that was my plan!
This time they admitted me into the hospital now that all my vitals were faint and in dangerous way. I remember one of the doctors telling me that they had no idea what could be wrong. I remember telling my husband "I dont think I will leave here alive". Later I would become incoherent. I remember feeling as if I was floating over myself pondering what would happen to my children my oldest 10 years old and my youngest just a few months old. I was praying hard to God (Great Spirit) to please have mercy on my soul and allow me to raise my children. At some point I can vaguely remember a docotor tapping the back of my hand and he said "hang in there, we found it".
Once fully recoverd after a week in the hospital I was sent home due to rare food-bourne illness that got into my bloodstream.
I began to ask questions how this could happen and I did not like any of the answers that were given. I began to research and study food related illnesses.
I now have over 10 years of research and returned to college to learn more about Nutrition.
I plan to spend the next 12 months sharing many of my life experiences in hopes to make the world a healthier place through education on our nations food system and what proper nutrition really means.

No comments:

Post a Comment